For a long time, using Linux like a "pro" meant memorizing hundreds of obscure terminal flags, spending hours debugging systemd scripts, and manually editing configuration files across /etc/.
Then I integrated Google Antigravity CLI (agy) into my daily workflow.
Instead of fighting the operating system, my Ubuntu setup now feels like a living, breathing workspace that grows alongside me. Here is how I use agy to automate my OS, orchestrate complex tasks, and keep my machine running like clockwork.
The real magic of the Google Antigravity CLI is its ability to translate natural language intent into local execution. I don't sit around trying to remember syntax for custom systemd user timers or complex shell pipelines anymore. I simply open my terminal, launch agy, and describe what I want to achieve.
Whether I need to:
* Set up a self-healing background watchdog service to keep local processes alive,
* Build a comprehensive update script that updates APT, Flatpaks, Snaps, and firmware in one shot, or
* Configure dynamic system wallpapers that shift depending on the weather,
...I just prompt agy, and it writes, tests, and deploys the scripts directly to my local filesystem. Anything I can think of is doable.
Because agy operates directly in my local terminal environment, my desktop setup isn't static, it learns and evolves based on my immediate needs.
For instance, when I wanted a custom desktop control center to monitor my PC's health diagnostics and systemd timers, I didn't search for a pre-made app. I had agy script a custom interactive terminal UI, wire it up with notify-send for critical reboot alerts, and generate a native .desktop launcher shortcut right on my desktop.
One of the most entertaining and effective parts of my daily routine is the interplay between the Gemini Web App and the agy terminal interface.
Whenever agy finishes a major task or logs a system run summary, I like to copy and paste the job completion summaries directly into the Gemini web interface.
Gemini acts like a high-level project manager, reviewing the execution logs, pointing out subtle edge cases (like phased package updates or lock conflicts), and generating a fresh, ready-to-run prompt.
I then feed that prompt straight back into agy to execute the next phase.
```
+------------------+ Copy Summary +-------------------+
| Antigravity CLI | ---------------------------> | Gemini Web App |
| (agy terminal) | | (Project Manager) |
+------------------+ +-------------------+
^ |
| Paste Next Directed Prompt |
+--------------------------------------------------+
```
It creates an incredibly amusing and powerful back-and-forth: Gemini plans and refines the architecture, while agy acts as the hands-on local executor inside my Ubuntu shell.
Comments